Subject: Going to try NetBSD -CURRENT
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Indra <maverick@office.naver.co.id>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/07/2002 10:28:28
Hi all...

I am a long time FreeBSD -CURRENT user. Although I am not a C programmer, I
handle FreeBSD -CURRENT quiet OK. Today I start to get interested on NetBSD.
I want to start to install NetBSD -CURRENT. Just need a few answers from
this list though:

1. Where can I find installable binary snapshot of "recent, quiet stable"
NetBSD -CURRENT? When I want to install FreeBSD -CURRENT, I can go to
ftp://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386 and get the whole
directory containing the binary version of a one day snapshot.

2. In FreeBSD world, there are software ports located in /usr/ports and I
can just install software just by doing eg. cd /usr/ports/net/djbdns; make
install clean. What is FreeBSD /usr/ports equivalent in NetBSD?

Well... that's all for now, tq ;)

/john
"I go, I fight, and I win!"