Subject: Re: anonymous ftp site
To: Dr. Richard Lin <lin@mail.nsysu.edu.tw>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/05/2002 22:48:33
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:15:44AM +0800, Dr. Richard Lin wrote:
> Dear All,

Hi.

> I am wondering if anybody knows how to get the document for seting up the
> anonymous ftp service over the NetBSD station. Thanks.

I don't know of a specific web page or anything, there may be
something at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/ (I think that's
right).

You can also try man ftpd. It has this section in it:

Setting up a restricted ftp subtree
     In order that system security is not breached, it is recommended that the
     subtrees for the ``ftp'' and ``chroot'' accounts be constructed with
     care, following these rules (replace ``ftp'' in the following directory
     names with the appropriate account name for `chroot' users):

(I snipped the rest.)

Do you have a specific problem?

"Nonbelievers found it difficult to defend their position in \
    the presense of a working computer." -- a DEC Jensen paper