Subject: Re: etc chains...
To: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/05/2002 11:01:54
> > > I place symlinks to /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/foo into /etc/rc.d.  This way
> all

> What if /usr is a separate filesystem?

Then you shouldn't use symlinks :).

My /usr is not a seperate filesystem, and I hesitate to copy files in
/etc/rc.d.  The symlinks make it obvious which package they belong to.

If I'm going to be dropping actual files in /etc/rc.d, I want the package
management system to know about it, and to remove them when I remove the
package.

Maybe packages rc scripts should go somewere like /etc/pkg/rc.d or
something; then /etc/rc could be modified to do this:

  files=`rcorder -s nostart /etc/rc.d/* /etc/pkg/rc.d/*`

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>