Subject: newbie questions regarding ppp dialup configuration
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2002 23:33:54
I just installed NetBSD 1.5.2, recompiled the kernel and installed the
sources. I am trying to figure out how to dial out to my isp. First, I
checked the installation guide but it gave no pointers on how to
configure ppp. Then I did a search on the net and found a guide writen
by someone in Italy about setting up NetBSD at
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/netbsd.html
This was great, I don't know why I couldn't find a guide like this on
the NetBSD website. Still, I don't have a clue. If I try cu -p modem I
get a message saying

cu: open (/dev/tty01) Device not configured
cu: all matching ports in use

I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 with a PCMCIA modem. I don't know what
device I"m supposed to use. I'm at a complete loss except try all
devices in the /dev directory and pray that one of them works. Any
suggestions I would be very grateful, including websites for users with
Dell Laptops running NetBSD.

Taro