Subject: etc chains...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2002 18:28:33
I just completed an upgrade to NetBSD 1.5.2 on my sparc, and I decided
to take a better look at the /etc/rc.d stuff.

One thing I notice is that the scripts don't seem to chain to /usr/pkg/etc
or /usr/local/etc.

Is there an official way to do this?  If not, how do the rest of you
handle it?

I think it might be nice to have paramenters for rc script chaining to
the other etc directories.  I don't think I'd want it to be the default,
but it would be nice for it to be built-in.

I currently just plan to put it in my rc.local, but if there is a
better way...

--

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com