Subject: Re: X 4.2.0 crashes
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2002 16:48:46
--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 08:51:50AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> i've got 2 crashes on Riva 128. it's 5-10 seconds of high disk activity
> and then freeze. another was same but without disk I/O.
> it's first time i needed to press reset since 4 months.
>=20
> anyone know where can be a problem?

I've had some random crashes on X 4.2 too. My card ATI Xpert98. The first
one was when I selected a truetype font in gimp (I tried others without
any problem). Second crash was completly random... I just was moving the
mouse and X went down.

BTW, the computer does not become unusable. X simple shutdowns and then
I have to restart it.

Regards

>=20
> Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
> start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>

--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes