Subject: Re: Mutt, problems with colors
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: James Michael Fultz <jmf@mailandnews.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/03/2002 15:57:17
Julio Merino <juli@merino.net> [03 Feb 2002 20:13]:
> I've recompiled mutt from pkgsrc. I've looked at the Makefile and it
> enables, by default, ncurses support. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> I'm still getting the error messages...
>
> Thanks though.

Looking at the Makefile it does it appear that ncurses is used by
default, but in my experience it is not.  I had to specify an option at
build time to cause ncurses to be used.  Alas, I forget what it was.  I
read about it somewhere on the Web (maybe NetBSD's Web site).  I've
tried searching for it but haven't been able to find it again.

Anyway, when I first built Mutt, I assumed that it was built with
ncurses.  I found that this was not the case.  Try to the following to
be sure whether Mutt is linked with ncurses:

ldd /usr/pkg/bin/mutt

Substitute "/usr/pkg/bin" with the correct location if that is not where
Mutt is installed.

Sorry that I don't recall the build option, but I do remember having to
use it.

--
James Michael Fultz <jmf@mailandnews.com>