Subject: Re: OT: Postfix canonical rewriting
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Neumann <neumann@s-direktnet.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/01/2002 17:08:43
Julio Merino wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to setup postfix's canonical rewriting in NetBSD-current.
> I can't get it working...
>
> In /etc/postfix/main.cf I've added:
> 	sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical.sender
>
> My local hostname (with domain) is klamath.local, so I've added the
> following to /etc/postfix/canonical.sender:
> 	juli@klamath.local   juli@merino.net

If your local username is "juli" then this should be:

juli juli@merino.net

And don't forget to run "postmap /etc/postfix/canonical.sender"!

> I guess this is WRONG.
>
> I want to translate my local address to my real email address when
> sending email to internet (but leaving LOCAL mail properly), the
> same as what genericstable in sendmail does.
>
> Then, I've run postmap on that file so it has become
> canonical.sender.db. After this, I've restarted postfix, but it
> does NOT work...

I've two directives in main.cf:

  recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_canonical
  sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical

recipient_canonical looks like:

  neumann@s-direktnet.de   michael

and sender_canonical:

  michael neumann@s-direktnet.de

Furthermore I use

  home_mailbox = Maildir/

to let postfix deliver incoming mail to the users maildir.

> Can anyone verify if this should work? If it is wrong... what
> should I change?
> If you need more info, ask for it...

Where is your problem exactly?

Try sending an email to yourself while looking at /var/log/maillog
(tail -f /var/log/maillog).

What happens?

> Thanks a lot.

Regards,