Subject: Building NetBSD from CVS
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2002 21:42:55
I'm trying to build the world from the CVS sources.

The host and target is a i386 system. I'm using the following build.sh
command line.

./build.sh -T /usr/local/netbsd-tools -D /export/i386 -R
/export/i386_release

All seems to work until the process tries to build floppy disks. While
building,
'ramdisk-tiny', a disk image is created with:

dd if=/dev/zero of=ramdisk-tiny.fs.tmp count=2688

This image is then vnconfig'ed and use to store the files that
are to be placed on the floppy images.

All seems to go well here until

COPY ${CURDIR}/dot.profile .profile

The build kacks with a no space left on device, and stops.

The question is, have the tools that go onto the floppy 'grown' in
size for some reason, and so now the marginal space is used up?

Or is there yet another configuration variable that I've not set
correctly...

Thank You
John Clark