Subject: OT: Postfix canonical rewriting
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2002 22:36:12
--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

Hi all

I'm trying to setup postfix's canonical rewriting in NetBSD-current.
I can't get it working...

In /etc/postfix/main.cf I've added:
	sender_canonical_maps =3D hash:/etc/postfix/canonical.sender

My local hostname (with domain) is klamath.local, so I've added the
following to /etc/postfix/canonical.sender:
	juli@klamath.local   juli@merino.net
I guess this is WRONG.

I want to translate my local address to my real email address when
sending email to internet (but leaving LOCAL mail properly), the
same as what genericstable in sendmail does.

Then, I've run postmap on that file so it has become
canonical.sender.db. After this, I've restarted postfix, but it
does NOT work...

Can anyone verify if this should work? If it is wrong... what
should I change?
If you need more info, ask for it...

Thanks a lot.

--=20