Subject: Which terminal type?
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2002 20:37:28

Hi all

I`m using the default TERM type, which is set to vt220. Though I`m
having some problems with colors. I`ve setup linuxls, which works
pretty fine. But other apps do not work the right way.

For example: emacs21, mutt, irssi, vim, etc. They only show three
kinds of colors: normal, bold and white on orange. This is UGLY.
I want to see the colors as on other systems, like on FreeBSD.

How can I solve this? Maybe choosing another TERM type?

And second... I used to use xterm-color for xterminals... but it
does not exist in NetBSD. I have to use xterm... can I setup an
alias of xterm-color to xterm? (The prob is that I`ve to modify
my Xresources by hand each time...)

Of course it runs NetBSD -
Julio Merino (Slink) <>

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)