Subject: Re: OT: orbz.org - help needed
To: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2002 10:19:20
On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 04:10:44PM +0100, Thomas Michael Wanka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 28 Jan 2002 at 22:54, David Maxwell wrote:
> > It really shouldn't be possible. You should always insist on an
> > acceptable use policy for your sub(networks/subscribers/lettors) which
> > is at least as strict as the one that _you_ agreed to. If someone may
> > hold you to a higher standard of behaviour, you had better be sure
> > that everyone you are responsible for connecting to the net agrees to
> > meet it also - or you send them elsewhere.
>
> this is a legal problem that might be different in every country.

No... not unless you're referring to some type of communist state which
doesn't allow contracts to be written...

If I sell you a service, with a condition that you can't do 'X' with it,
but that you may resell the service - and you resell it to someone, if
they do 'X', you have broken your agreement with me. So, either require
them to not do 'X' also, or be ready to lose your service, and possibly
end up in litigation for breach of contract, and my wasted time and
resources.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,