Subject: Re: FFS filesystem with blocksizes != 512
To: , <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hans Dinsen-Hansen <dino@danbbs.dk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2002 21:42:00
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:59:02 +0100 (CET), wojtek wrote:
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>> Wojtek, please *stop* spewing incorrect information onto the NetBSD
>> mailing lists.  The filesystem block and fragment size don't have =
anything
>> to do with the underlying physical or logical blocksize of the disk =
you put
>> the filesystem on.
To which Wojtek answered:
>doesn't fragment size have to be at least sector size?

That's not what Thor wrote about!  Have you actually tested that you
can use a disk device with a file system and a block size of
1024/2048, or is it just something that you guess?

I have a HP C1711A M.O. drive with a block size of 1024 - like Michael
Kukat's jukebox (HP 200t).  Like Michael, I cannot get my device to
run as a disk device with a file system on it.  So once again:

Wojtek, please; have you _tested_ that one can actually use a disk

Hans Dinsen-Hansen    http://www.danbbs.dk/~dino/
                      mailto:dino@danbbs.dk