Subject: Re: Thanks NetBSD Users!
To: Gary Montcalm <garym@shreve.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2002 17:40:15
Hi !

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Gary Montcalm wrote:
> Our old IBM clone 486/33 is now proudly serving our little
> "Macwindows" network with Samba 2.2.2 (the Macs via DAVE 3.1). I
> continue to be amazed at the functionality of NetBSD. I can't imagine
> why anyone would even consider using NT/W2000 servers for whatever
> the price!

I don't know DAVE, but i have running an heterogenous network with Windows
(currently not, i needed the hardware as replacement for the failed server
hardware) and lots of MacOS clients, and much more lots of Unix clients (about
every unix you know :) served by a NetBSD-box with Samba, NFS and netatalk.
Besides the Unix boxes, especially the Macs fit very smooth into this network.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX