Subject: Re: OT: orbz.org - help needed
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David S. <davids@idiom.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/27/2002 01:45:34

> The problem with solutions like Orbz and RBL is that they must be
> 100% accurate or they cause you to lose email.  I spooled filtered
> messages to a special folder for testing and there was just too much
> legitimate email in there.  I can't afford to lose it.

I use Orbz and a number of other RBL-type services, but I don't drop
mail just on their say-so.  If one of RBLs identifies a piece of mail
as spam, I'll run it through some procmail filters, and throw it away
only if one of those filters catches it.  Some spam still gets through,
notably that sent to mailing lists to which I've subscribed, but this
method has reduced the volume of spam I receive by a large amount.

David S.