Subject: Re: OT: orbz.org - help needed
To: Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/26/2002 19:29:23
[ On Saturday, January 26, 2002 at 18:37:52 (-0500), Shannon wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: OT: orbz.org - help needed
>
> It blocks some email from people I know, and when I checked the servers
> in question not all of them were open relays.  There are errors in
> their databases.

There cannot be any "errors" in the ORBZ database (at least not in the
primary DNS black lists).  It is mechanically maintained by systems that
have demonstratively proven themselves to work correctly.  Any and all
entries in their database are complete with copies of the relayed
messages in plain view for all who care to look.  If ORBZ can relay a
message through a mail server then pretty well anyone can do the same.

Now there are of course timing issues.  It's impossible for a
distributed system, especially one as large as that which uses SMTP and
DNS and such, to instantly reflect changes in the real world.

--
								Greg A. Woods