Subject: Re: FFS filesystem with blocksizes != 512
To: None <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/26/2002 09:30:37
Hello,

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net wrote:
> > if i use newfs -S 1024, i get the same error. Is FFS not capable of blocksizes
> > other than 512?
>

> FFS needs block size min 4096 and fragment size min 512
>
> use -b 8192 -f 1024 for your 1024-byte sector media.

I think newfs gets the values from the disk label, and so the options do the
same as my entries in the disklabel. These are the parameters i used, but i
get this write error. I think, there is really a problem with FFS and 512
bytes/s.

But... cd9660 works ok, and i don't want to use it as scratch media, so it is
not that important. Maybe i'll look into the sources if i find the time.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX