Subject: Re: Actiontec PCI modem and NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Hobgood <mhobgood@inet-direct.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/23/2002 17:01:33
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 10:41:25PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:00:45AM -0600, Michael Hobgood wrote:
> > 	I'm considering buying NetBSD.  Before I commit, I've one
> > concern that needs silenced.  Does NetBSD support the Actiontec PCI
> > modem?
> > 	This modem has given very reliable service under several versions
> > of a custom built Linux system, and under OpenBSD.  However, about
>
> If it works under OpenBSD then it's likely to work under NetBSD, or it
> should be really easy to make it work.
>
> There is an entry in the pucdata.c file for an Actiontec modem.
> How is it probed under OpenBSD ?
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
> --

	It shows up as :
		puc0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0 "AT&T/Lucent Venus Modem" rev 0x00: com
		pccom3 at puc0 port 0 irq 9L ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
which translates to cua03 under OpenBSD.  So, from what you say, I'm guessing
that the modem will work with no problems.  Now to order the NetBSD and try
it.  I'll let you know what I find out when I get NetBSD installed.
Thank you for the reply.

Cordially,
Michael Hobgood