Subject: Re: Logon to NT Domain thru NAT
To: Steve Shockley <steve.shockley@shockley.net>
From: Lim Seng Chor <Lim.Seng.Chor@sit.edu.my>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/09/2002 12:31:25
What I have done is to alias another private ip (which is in the same subnet with the
NT clients) to the NT domain controller. And it works.
I typed "netstat" command at my NT dc I found there were connections to the private
ip subnet. I believe the NT dc was using the ip address in the netbios header (which
was not altered by the ipf/ipnat) instead of the ip header.
I believe the NBFW should work as a proxy program for all the netbios packets but it
takes time for me to setup the SAMBA and make the NBFW working. I noticed that the
NBFW is programmed for Linux system? is it working on BSD system too?
And, the current version of samba is 2.2.2. I am not too sure whether the current
version of NBFW supports samba 2.2.2 or not (i thought it said version samba-2.2.1a-
nbfw-0.40)
Thanks.