Subject: Re: NetBSD + LINUX
To: Todd Gruhns Acct <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/08/2002 10:23:50
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:

> UH, I may have messed something up: I can get it to boot NetBSD, but not
> LINUX. If I press F4 NetBSD boots -- but if I press either F5/F6 the
> screen prints "LI " and hangs.

From LILO manual:

   LI   The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
    loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
    geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
    installer.

> When I installed LINUX, I disconnected the NetBSD disk, made second disk the
> master, installed LINUX in it, and rejumpered it as a "slave" disk.

You need to rerun lilo(8) "whenever any part of the system that LILO knows
about changes".

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/