Subject: buildlink-x11 vs. imake
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/06/2002 01:04:32
Hi folks,

does anyone know what the following wants to tell me?

$ make
===> xrn-9.01 uses imake, but the buildlink-x11 package was found.
===>     Please deinstall it (pkg_delete buildlink-x11).

(recent pkgsrc, on 1.5.2, in <pkgsrc>/news/xrn obviously)

I understand that buildlink-x11 is some kind of meta-package
that some packages depend on.  However, as a pkgsrc end-user I don't
really want to care about what it does.  Does the above mean that
when installing various X11 packages from pkgsrc, I alternatingly
have to deinstall "buildlink-x11" manually for some packages to
build correctly, while it then gets sucked in as a dependency by
others?  That would be rather annoying, imho.

--mkb