Subject: Re: cdparanoia under NetBSD?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mail.com>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2002 00:53:10
On the cold day of Jan 1, Malcolm Herbert mused:

> I'm using 1.5.2 and am wanting to use cdparanoia.  It says I need to
> specify the generic SCSI device for my CDROM using the -g option ...  my
> problem is I don't know what that is ...
>
> Here's the relevant info from the kernel:
>
> |mamers[~] 23>: dmesg | grep cd
> |cd1 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <MATSHITA, CD-R   CW-7503, 1.09> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
> So I'm stuck ... does anyone know what I should be doing to fix this problem?

Hello Malcolm,

Try "-g /dev/rcd0g".  I'm a NetBSD newbie, but I recently got cdparanoia
working using /dev/rcd0c, and my SCSI drive is on scsibus0 target 2 lun 0,
so I am guessing* that the letter of the raw scsi device corresponds to the
target number.  The minor number of the device node would seem to back this
guess.

-bp
--
# bryanxms at ecst dot csuchico dot edu