Subject: Re: vnd (to carry on from Crypt FS)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/04/2002 16:41:25
To continue an old discussion... :)

I've had some time to play with this some more. I do not have physically
multiple HDs in my system, but I can confirm that it does work with
multiple partitions, various interleaving etc. The nature of the changes
I did to ccd.c should not be impacted by any of this, in theory, but I
thought it wise to make sure :)

On a side note, I configured the crypt-ccd to the wrong partition at one
point, namely my boot-fs. It is a very good way to completely screw it
up :) I had a field day with 'fsck' and the various warnings and errors
it printed. Eventually got it booted but it was not well, majority of
apps was missing or garbage. Entertaining (but not really interesting I
guess).

Question is, I need to do diff's on /usr/src/sys/dev/ccd.c|ccdvar.h and
/usr/src/sbin/ccdconfig/ccdconfig.c. When I produce my diff for send-pr
or <prefered submission method> should it be done from /usr/src, or from
'.' and a patch for each file etc?

Update to 'files' is also required. (To include blowfish when ccd is
enabled).

Lund

--
Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>