Subject: Re: Suggestions for a backup solution
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/03/2002 23:07:37
* Wojciech Puchar (wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net) Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:00:00PM +0100:
> > * Iggy Drougge (optimus@canit.se) Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:12:24PM +0100:
> > > SCSI DDS drives are quite easy to find, have cheap media and work fine. I use
> > > a HP, but I don't think the brand is all that interesting.
> > I'd like to believe that... Probably I know only crappy shops, but I
> > haven't found a single one yet that offers any tape drives. (Okay,
> i mean USED. in .de should be something like ebay in USA or allegro in
> poland.
>
> new are really expensive about 1000$ for DDS-3 drive

Okay, okay... It seems I didn't search to carefully. Just half a day
looking more closely showed me two shops which offered the HP C1554C.
It's a DDS-3 drive with 12 GB real capacity (24 GB compressed). One
shop wanted 761 EUR, the other approx. 680 EUR. And that's the price
for a new drive.

It seems, that I have finally found my backup solution. :-)

Bye,
Björn

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)