Subject: Re: Suggestions for a backup solution
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/03/2002 01:17:56
* Iggy Drougge (optimus@canit.se) Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:12:24PM +0100:
> SCSI DDS drives are quite easy to find, have cheap media and work fine. I use
> a HP, but I don't think the brand is all that interesting.

I'd like to believe that... Probably I know only crappy shops, but I
haven't found a single one yet that offers any tape drives. (Okay,
let's ignore that parallel port or floppy-controller driven JAZ drive
from IOmega.)

But perhaps I can persuade someone to order a drive, if I know a good
brand. Any hints? And what about the price? What should I expect? (I'd
like several GB native capacity.)

Many thanks in advance,
Björn

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)