Subject: Re: vnd (to carry on from Crypt FS)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/23/2001 22:41:41
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Jorgen Lundman wrote:
>
> : I've ported my crypt changes into ccd, farily easily, and that runs like
> : a charm. I've run my kill.sh script about 25 times.
> :
> : If anyone else is seeking something like it, send me a message and I'll
> : forward you the source and diff.
>
> Actually, for posterity, I'd suggest posting a diff to tech-kern@netbsd.org,
> for -current and 1.5.2 (if you have both).  You might even get other
> developers fixing up and refining it for you, and who knows, maybe get it
> in-tree.  8-)
>
> (I have been looking for one of these that is 1.5.x-compatible.)

I have all three, which I can do. I did a send-pr thing with the vnd
code but since it is broken I'm not sure it is worth enhancing it with
more features. The ccd device is working like a charm, I have 256G on 6
seperate CCD devices running. I've yet to try multiple disks/partitions,
striping and so on however. I will do after the holidays are past.

I can place the bits on my own FTP if it helps, the send-pr stuff kinda
became a mess, but maybe it was my doing :)

Checking the sources for vnd on FreeBSD, they appear to have mirroring
as well. If that something we should have too? Is it handled elsewhere?
Should I merge them in, if I can?

Lund

--
Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>