Subject: Re: ksh need help!!!
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/18/2001 17:52:28
Hi !

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> how to generate BINARY file without executing ANY external commands from
> within /bin/ksh?
>
> i accidentally corrupted ld.elf_so , have everything dynamic, and only one
> thing i left with is ssh session with ksh and i'm able to do cut&paste
> with mouse

Shit. I forgot something... You may want to use this in a sequence to restore
the file:

$ echo '\0100\c'
@$

According to the IRIX echo(1) manpage:

          \c   print line without new-line
          \0n  where n is the 8-bit character whose ASCII code is the 1-, 2-
               or 3-digit octal number representing that character.

...Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS