Subject: Re: Olypus D-510
To: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/16/2001 12:12:11
mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com> writes:

> I updated kernel to 1.5Z 12/15 source, no dice on Olypus D-510, my
> dmesg for the machine is shown below, to test the umass driver i hot
> plugged a USB jazz drive, i can easily mount it as /dev/sd3c on
> /mnt.  -Mel

Okay, so you're having the same problem I did, but the camera is
reporting a sufficently different vendor/product at the sd layer that
you need Yet Another quirk entry to match it:

> sd3 at scsibus2 target 1 lun 0: <OLYMPUS, D-510ZOOM, 1.00> SCSI2 0/direct removable

> sd3(umass0:0:1:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x08 00 00 00 01 00
>     SENSE KEY:  Illegal Request
>      ASC/ASCQ:  Invalid Command Operation Code

Try changing the entry

     {{T_DIRECT, T_REMOV,
         "OLYMPUS", "C-1",             ""},
                                PQUIRK_ONLYBIG},

in src/sys/dev/scsipi/scsiconf.c to:

     {{T_DIRECT, T_REMOV,
         "OLYMPUS", "",             ""},
                                PQUIRK_ONLYBIG},

that is, replacing the string "C-1" with the empty string so that the
quirk matches all Olympus devices. [More evidence that we should
default to only sending big commands....].

        - Nathan