Subject: CJK package updated(use type1 fonts now)
To: None <>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/16/2001 20:41:39
Hi, all folk, especially CJK people. :)
The CJK pkg is tested with teTeX-bin-1.0.7nb1.

For C people:
I have updated the CJK pkg to use Postscript Type 1 fonts which
are converted from 'arphicttf'. Now we don't need to make PK fonts
if we don't use 'xdvi'. The 'dvips' can use these Type 1 fonts normally.
Even if you have more recent version 'pdftex/pdflatex' you can use
TTFs instead of Type 1 fonts to make pdf file from tex file.
(Unfortunately, the 'pdftex/pdflatex' is not new enough in our teTeX pkg. :(

For J people:
We can use Wadalab postscript fonts for Japanese with CJK pkg,
	fetch from:
but I not yet merge this.(I hope someone can help me do it. ;)
If you are insterest in this, please fetch the source tarball and
read 'DNP.doc' in contrib/wadalab directory to get more detail.

Please fetch the pkg tarball from:
and see more information in PR13375:

Any discussion is welcome!