Subject: Re: Machine locks up while running X -probeonly
To: Ian P. Thomas Ipt <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2001 21:50:18
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Ian P. Thomas Ipt wrote:

> think it would have made a difference?  I have a core file from this
> lockup, should I send to the maintainer of X for netbsd or straight to
> XFree?  I would try and troubleshoot it myself but I don't know what

You probably don't need to send a big core file. But sometimes it is
helpful to send some of the relevant debugging info from the core file.

> program to use to view core files.

Use gdb(1), like "gdb /path/to/executable /path/to/core".

Then do a "bt" to receive a backtrace. Possibly the few lines it reports
then will be helpful to research the problem further.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/