Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.2 CD install over multiple disks
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2001 18:51:51
Eric Ekong wrote:
> Has anyone been able to successfully install NetBSD over a number of
> disks?  Here is my situation and my proposed setup.
>
> 3 Drives
>
> Drive 1			Drive 2			Drive 3
> -------			--------		-------
> 3G	/		30G	/home		4G	swap
> 4G	/usr
> 3G	/var
> 9g	/storage

The installation won't write into /home, so don't create a partition
for it during installation.  Post-installation you can create the
/home partition on drive 2, put a filesystem on it and add it to
/etc/fstab.

Similarly with swap: you don't need to create a swap partition during
the install, and you can add the swap partition on the third disk
afterwards and add it to /etc/fstab.

If you wanted to spread /var and /usr around it would be harder, but
/home and swap are easy.

Cheers,

Giles