Subject: Re: off topic: gimp
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/11/2001 09:53:42
Rick Kelly <> wrote:
> I just want to produce a simple .gif with black text and a white background,
> and as far as I can tell. gimp can't do that or much of anything else either.

> I'm looking for a step-by-step tutorial.

$> gimp&

Set "Fill Type" to "White", click "OK"

Point Mouse to "T"-Tool  and click (Alternative: move mouse over empty
(white) image and right-click, select Tools->text)

Move Mouse over empty (white) image and click

Choose desired font, style and enter text, click "ok"

Drag and Drop the text where you would like it.

Right-click->Tools->Transform­Tools->Crop and Resize

Crop the image to desired size

Enter name.gif

[Export Dialog] Click "Export"
[Save as GIF Dialog] Click "ok"

Am I missing something?  Check the tutorial somebody else posted.