Subject: Re: Getting Sendmail 8.11.6nb1 to work right
To: None <ipt@solo.scraemondaemon.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian P. Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/04/2001 22:53:41
> From netbsd-users-owner@netbsd.org  Tue Dec  4 22:25:17 2001
> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:19:04 -0500
> From: "Ian P. Thomas" <ipt@solo.scraemondaemon.org>
> To: NetBSD-User <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
> Subject: Getting Sendmail 8.11.6nb1 to work right
>
> 	I went and installed the new sendmail from pkgsrc.  I am having
> problems integrating if with the rest of the system.  My e-mail address is
> supposed to be
>
> From: ipthomas_77@yahoo.com
>
> 	The amazing thing is sometimes it goes out correctly, and, it seems
> recently, that it hasn't.  Instead it is going out as
>
> From: ipt@solo.scraemondaemon.org
>
> 	A fictional e-mail address that I assigned to this machine.  The new
> sendmail should read from /etc/mail for its configuration file( .cf )
> Unfortunately, when the system boots up, I need to create a sym link from
> /etc/sendmail.cf to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.  I am using the same sendmail.mc
> file on this machine as I am on my GNU/Linux machine, and mail goes out
> from that machine fine.
>
> 1.
> mailer.conf is pointing to the new version of sendmail
> /usr/pkg/libiexec/sendmail/sendmail
> for all the variables
>
> 2.
> I have the necessary line in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
> FEATURE(`genericstable',`hash /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
>
> 3.
> /etc/mail/genericstable
> ipt    ipthomas_77@yahoo.com
>
> 4.
> in /etc/rc.conf
> sendmail=YES   sendmail_flags="-bd q30"
>
> 	Did I miss something?
>
> Ian
> p.s.

> --
> Of Course It Runs NetBSD
> www.netbsd.org

	I just found out that this a Mutt problem.  When I send out mail using the
mail program, as I am right now, the address gets changed and sent out
correctly.  Mutt's value for sendmail is the default, I havn't changed it;

set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi"

	Should I add something to mutt to make it work correctly and allow
sendmail to rewrite the From: fields or do I need to add something else to
sendmail.cf?

Ian