Subject: Re: eggdrop 1.6.6 on NetBSD 1.5 release branch
To: Stephen Brown <>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/02/2001 12:52:08
> > # find / -name "*libtcl*", but normally it's in something prefixed *lib
> I have done this, and it comes up with both the 8.3.2 version installed
> from pkgsrc and the 8.3.4 version I installed manually.
> The 8.3.4 version is the one that ./configure picks up automatically, from
> /usr/local/lib

Ahh the great packge v.s. tarball conflict rages on.  Some ./configure's
have flags like "--with-libs-from" or "--with-incs-from" that you can set
to /usr/pkg/[include/,lib/].

The other option is to:

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/pkg/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/pkg/include"

The other hack is to: "ln -s /usr/pkg /usr/local", but watch out for
trickery and black magic in some 3rd party stuff.

> Is that information any more helpful?
> Steve

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic