Subject: Re: audiorecord, then what?
To: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
From: Ian Cooper <ian@WPI.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/28/2001 21:46:30
You could use sox to convert the sun au format to regular wav, and
then pipe that into lame for mp3 encoding.

--
Ian Cooper
ian@wpi.edu

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Paul Hoffman wrote:

// Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:46:29 -0800
// From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
// To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
// Subject: audiorecord, then what?
//
// Greetings again. I want to use my NetBSD 1.5.1 system to record
// speech from cassette tape (not CD) and turn it into MP3s. My PC has a
// SoundBlaster card that shows up just fine. I use the audiorecord
// program to record from /dev/audio0 to a file.
//
// The audiorecord man page says "The output file will contain a
// Sun/NeXT audio header." Which of the many MP3 programs in pkgsrc can
// handle this kind of file? What arguments do I need for those programs
// to say "this is a Sun/NeXT audio file"?
//
// --Paul Hoffman
//