Subject: Re: upload packages
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/24/2001 19:31:23
--b5gNqxB1S1yM7hjW

hi jan,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 01:18:04PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> I created a package for a small application and was wondering how I
> could upload it for Package-Maintainers to inspect and hopefully to
> include.  netbsd.org appears to be down, and Packages.txt did not reveal
> this tidbit of information...

from Packages.txt, section "11 Submitting & Committing"

 * packages:
   First, check that your package is complete, compiles and runs well; see
   section 8 and the rest of this document. Next, generate a gzipped
   tar-file of all the files needed for the package, preferably with all
   files in a single directory. Place this tar-file to a place where the
   package maintainers can fetch it using FTP or HTTP (WWW). Finally,
   send-pr with category "pkg", a synopsis which includes the package name
   and version number, a short description of your package
   (contents of the COMMENT variable are OK) and the URL of your tar-file.
  =20
   You will be notified if your send-pr has been addressed so you can remove
   the tar-file.
  =20
   If you want to submit several packages, please send a separate PR for
   each one, it's easier for us to track things that way.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --