Subject: Re: Curious about 1.6.0
To: Emre Yildirim <emre.yildirim@us.army.mil>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/24/2001 00:03:01
Emre Yildirim <emre.yildirim@us.army.mil> wrote on Thu, 15 Nov 2001
at 08:10:01 -0600 in <3BF3CCB9.8070705@us.army.mil>:

> Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:
>
> >Just wondering: When will NetBSD-1.6.0 be out?
> >

> Everyone is trying to get MP working stable with NetBSD.

Please don't make forward-looking statements about what will or will
not be in specific future NetBSD releases, unless those items are
already present in NetBSD-current. (I recognize the above is not quite
such a statement, but comes close enough for a bit of concern.)

It has not been decided when NetBSD 1.6 will come out, and it's not
clear whether or not it will be held for any particular features.
Certainly there are some major features coming down the pipeline that
many would like to have in 1.6, and SMP is one such feature, but there
is no guarantee that will be present in 1.6.

--jhawk
  (loosely wearing a Release Engineering hat)