Subject: Re: losing linux machine.
To: Shea A Martin <sam060@mail.usask.ca>
From: Bruce Ediger <eballen1@qwest.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/20/2001 15:13:09
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Shea A Martin wrote:

> 1.  How hard is it so set up a dhcp client (ie. my isp uses dhcp?).

I can't really answer your other questions, but this one I can.

DCHP setup is easy.

You edit the file "/etc/defaults/rc.conf".  The lines look a bit like this
when you're finished:
---
dhclient=YES                    # behave as a DHCP client
dhclient_flags="le0"                # blank: config all interfaces
---
I run NetBSD on an old SPARCStation 10, so the "le0" stands for "Lance
Ethernet zero".  I don't know what PC hardware would have there. "eth0",
perhaps?

Anyway, edit that file, reboot, and NetBSD comes up using DHCP.

I have DHCP provided bya Cisco 675 DSL router, my SS-10 works like a charm
behind it.