Subject: Re: T-DSL with NetBSD?
To: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/20/2001 19:56:52
> AFAIK some NetBSD users use T-DSL of the Deutsche Telekom AG.

Yes, I am.

> Are
> there any models of DSL modems that I should try to keep clear of,
> when I want a working setup? Any special gotchas?

The old offer (which runs out at the end of the year, I think) includes an
external DSL modem, connected to an ethernet NIC via a crossover cable
(included with the modem). You run PPPoE over this connection.

The new offer alternatively includes an internal DSL modem. I think we
will need drivers for that, which we probably don't have yet (no clue how
those cards work).

> Any appropriate hints or setup advices are welcome.

If you are running -current, wait for pppoe(4) to appear within the next
few days ;-)

If you are running 1.5.x you will need to resort to a userland base solution
from pkgsrc, there are several.

Martin