Subject: ramdisk - NetBSD 1.5/i386
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Palle Lyckegaard <PalleLyckegaard@e-noerd.dk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/12/2001 20:49:54
Hi,

I'm looking for some guidelines on how to create a ramdisk
and mount my '/var', '/tmp' etc. directories on top of this/these
ramdisk(s).

A 'ls -l /dev/*md*' on my system show two devices - /dev/md0a and
/dev/md0d
- what about 'b', 'c'?? and I'm missing the /dev/rmd0* entries as
well....

I've tried the following steps:
- run 'mdconfig /dev/md0d 8192 &'    (runs perfectly in the background)
- then I try to run the 'disklabel' command followed by the 'mount_mfs'
command
     (unfortunately I'm not at the NetBSD system right now, and I cannot
remember
     the error messages.....).

I couldn't find any FAQs somewhere, so...

anyone???

regards

Palle