Subject: Re: TV-Out with G200 + XFree86
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/02/2001 16:36:43
Ian Cooper <ian@WPI.EDU> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a NetBSD system with a Matrox Mystique G200 video card and I
> would like to use it's TV-OUT capability with XFree.  Matrox supplies
> a XFree driver in binary and source (yay!) form at
> <http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/linux_09.cfm> for
> *Linux*.  So several questions arise:

I only used the binary version of the driver but AFAIK a self compiled driver
should work the same. I used it with a G400. Note that the XFree drivers are
os independant so the linux binary works in a NetSD Xfree Environment.

>   o  Might the linux + Xfree driver work with NetBSD (i386)?

Yes.

>   o  Has anyone tried this with any success or failure?

It worked with a G400.

>   o  Is the special Matrox driver even needed?  Might the XFree 4.1.x
>      driver be sufficient?

It's newer and it has more features.

>   o  Has anyone used the TV-Out feature on a G200-based Matrox card?

I couldn't get it to run yet but i didn't invest too much time into.

--
Mario Kemper
magick@zhadum.de