Subject: Ipnat and altq-3.0 working together in bandwidth control
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: M. A. Caballero <miguel@trastero.ods.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/02/2001 15:34:32
Hi,

I've instaled an compiled the netbsd 1.5.2 kernel with altq support
sucessfully. It has support for ipnat and ipf, because i use this
computer to do NAT for my intranet. This computer has two interfaces a
ne1 and a rtk0. I've conected the ne1 (10 Mbits network card) to a adsl
router (model officeconnect 812 of 3com) that has a 10 Mbits hub
conection. The adsl router ATM conection is 256 Kbits download from inet

/ 128Kbits upload to inet . The rtk0 is conected to my intranet by a
100Mbits switch, where I've the other computers connected. NAT (ipnat)
is working perfectly, but i can't create a sucessfully bandwitch control

to the ne1 interface and in this maner to internet.

It's my /etc/altq.conf :

interface ne1 bandwidth 256K cbq
class cbq ne1 root NULL pbandwidth 100
#
# meta classes
#
class cbq ne1 ctl_class root pbandwidth 4 control
class cbq ne1 def_class root pbandwidth 95 default
#
class cbq ne1 vacio def_class pbandwidth 10
        filter ne1 vacio name invacio ruleno 1 192.168.0.10 netmask
0xffffff00 0 0 0 6
        filter ne1 vacio name outvacio ruleno 2 0 0 192.168.0.10 netmask
0xffffff00 0 6
class cbq ne1 darksun def_class priority 7 pbandwidth 80
        filter ne1 darksun name indarksun ruleno 3 192.168.0.20 netmask
0xffffff00 0 0 0 6
        filter ne1 darksun name outdarksun ruleno 4 0 0 192.168.0.20
netmask 0xffffff00 0 6

With this altq.conf I pretend to give more bandwith to computer with ip
192.168.0.20 (darksun) than to vacio, ip 192.168.0.10.

But this two sub-classes never are matched. I've verified it with
altstat -e.

Isn't compatible NAT (ipnat) and altq (bandwidth control) or it's
another problem, how my limited ATM conection, or union between ne1 and
the router hub ?

Thanks in advance.
Miguel.