Subject: Microdrive not registered with ePods & 1.5.2 TX3922 kernel...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent L. Reed <itsvincer@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/01/2001 22:06:27
Hi,
   I asked for help with this in ports-hpcmips, and  netbsd-help, but
haven't gotten a peep in response,
so I'm trying here.

I installed 1.5.2 on my laptop, and used it to set up the 1G IBM microdrive
for my epods.
I installed all the hpcmips binary sets in a 300M partition, and then
copied the libs and includes into
the cross-compile source tree, and installed the cross-compile tools. I
built the TX3922 kernel, with
the addition of the an* driver for the Aironet 802.11 wireless cards.

The kernel boots fine, and recognizes all the devices, but doesn't register
the microdrive.
I built a custom kernel for the laptop too, pruning down GENERIC_LAPTOP and
it registers the
microdrive with no problems.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple; can anybody see what it is? I'm
attaching my build conf file,
and my dmesg output below.

Two more questions before the files:

  Anyone know why I can't get to www.netbsd.org with mozilla installed from
the 1.5 package list on i386,
     but can with netscape on i386 ( I get connection refused errors...)?
If this is a mozilla problem, then what do people use for a nearly
full-featured
     browser under hpcmips?

Thanks,

-Vince
---------------------------------
dmesg:

mem_cluster_cnt = 2
mem_clusters[0] = {0x0,0x2d7000}
mem_clusters[1] = {0x2d7000,0xd29000}
Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
     The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
     The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

NetBSD 1.5.2 (ePodsTest) #1: Sun Oct 28 16:54:20 EST 2001
     root@nomad:/usr/src/sys/arch/hpcmips/compile/ePodsTest
Sharp HC-AJ1/AJ2 (TOSHIBA TMPR3922 rev. 1.1 129.00 MHz)
total memory = 16384 KB
avail memory = 12008 KB
using 230 buffers containing 920 KB of memory
mainbus0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0: Toshiba TX3900 CPU (0x2230) Rev. 3.0 with software
emulated fl
oating point Rev. 0.0
cpu0: 16KB/16B Instruction 2-way set associative, 8KB/16B Data 2-way set
associa
tive, 64 TLB entries
txsim0 at mainbus0
tx39icu0 at txsim0
tx39power0 at txsim0
tx39clock0 at txsim0
tx39io0 at txsim0
txioman0 at tx39io0:
tx39biu0 at txsim0
tx39sib0 at txsim0: 1.536 MHz
ucb0 at tx39sib0 slot 0: TOSHIBA TC35413F
ucbtp0 at ucb0: calibrated
wsmouse0 at ucbtp0 mux 0
ucbsnd0 at ucb0: audio 3.692 kHz telecom 1.200 kHz
tx39uart0 at txsim0
txcom0 at tx39uart0 slot 0: console
txcom1 at tx39uart0 slot 1
txcsbus1 at tx39biu0
tc5165buf0 at txcsbus1 iocs CS1 16bit 0+0x100: polling mode
skbd0 at tc5165buf0
wskbd0 at skbd0 mux 1
plum0 at txcsbus1 regcs CS3 32bit 0+0xffffffff iocs MCS0 32bit 0+0xffffffff
memc
s MCS1 32bit 0+0xffffffff irq1 277(8:21): Plum2 #2
plumicu0 at plum0
plumpower0 at plum0
plumvideo0 at plum0: (16bpp disabled) display mode: 8bpp
hpcfb0 at plumvideo0: hpcrasops 640x240 pixels, 256 colors, 80x24 chars:
tvram r
edraw
wsdisplay0 at hpcfb0
wsdisplay0: screen 0 added (std, vt100 emulation)
ohci0 at plum0
ohci0: OHCI version 1.0
usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0:  OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
plumpcmcia0 at plum0
pcmcia0 at plumpcmcia0
pcmcia0: CIS version pcmcia0: CIS info: IBM, micodrive, r!"
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0xa4, product 0x0
pcmcia0: function 0: fixed disk, ccr addr 200 mask f
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 0: I/O card; irq mask 0; memspace
0-7ff;
  powerdown
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask
4, io
space 0-f; memspace 0-7ff; maxtwins 5; rdybsy_active io8 io16 irqshare irqpulse
irqlevel readonly
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 2: I/O card; irq mask 4000; iomask
a, io
space 1f0-1f7 3f6-3f7; memspace 0-7ff; rdybsy_active io8 io16 irqshare irqpulse
irqlevel powerdown
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 3: I/O card; irq mask 4000; iomask
a, io
space 170-177 376-377; memspace 0-7ff; rdybsy_active io8 io16 irqshare irqpulse
irqlevel powerdown
IBM, micodrive, r!" (manufacturer 0x00a4, product 0x0000) function 0 not
configu
red
pcmcia1 at plumpcmcia0
pcmcia1: CIS version PCMCIA 2.0 or 2.1
pcmcia1: CIS info: Aironet, PC4800
pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0x15f, product 0x7
pcmcia1: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3e0 mask 7
pcmcia1: function 0, config table entry 5: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask
6, io
space 0-3f; io16 irqlevel
an0 at pcmcia1 function 0: Aironet PC4800 Wireless LAN Adapter
an0: 802.11 address: 00:40:96:29:4c:ca
btnmgr0 at mainbus0
wskbd1 at btnmgr0 mux 1
boot device: <unknown>
root device:
Kernel Conf File:

#
# Distribution kernel (TOSHIBA TX3922 based model) kernel config file
#
#       $NetBSD: TX3922,v 1.22.2.1 2000/07/18 06:01:45 shin Exp $
#
include         "arch/hpcmips/conf/std.hpcmips"

maxusers        8

options         MIPS1                   # R2000/R3000 CPUs
options         ENABLE_MIPS_TX3900      # R3900 CPU core
options         NOFPU                   # No FPU
options         SOFTFLOAT               # emulate FPU insn
#options        R3900_CACHE_DISABLE     # Disable I/D-cache

options         TX39XX                  # Toshiba TX39 series
options         TX392X                  # Toshiba TX3922
options         KSEG2IOBUFSIZE=0x08000000       # MCS0/MCS1 are mapped to kseg2

options         TX39_DEBUG
#options        TX39_WATCHDOGTIMER
#options        WINCE_DEFAULT_SETTING   # Debugging use
#options        TX39ICUDEBUG
#options        TX39BIUDEBUG
#options        TX39IODEBUG
#options        TX39POWERDEBUG
#options        TX39UARTDEBUG

options         DDB                     # in-kernel debugger
#options        DIAGNOSTIC              # extra kernel debugging checks
options         DEBUG                   # extra kernel debugging support
options         KTRACE                  # system call tracing support

options         __NO_SOFT_SERIAL_INTERRUPT
options         SERIALCONSSLOT=0        # UARTA 0, UARTB 1

options         COMPAT_43

options         SCSIVERBOSE     # human readable SCSI error messages
options         PCMCIAVERBOSE   # verbose PCMCIA configuration messages
options         USBVERBOSE      # verbose USB device autoconfig messages
options         MIIVERBOSE      # verbose PHY autoconfig messages

options         NTP                     # network time protocol
#options        UCONSOLE                # users can redirect console (unsafe)

# File systems
file-system     FFS             # UFS
#file-system    EXT2FS          # second extended file system (linux)
#file-system    LFS             # log-structured file system
file-system     MFS             # memory file system
file-system     NFS             # Network File System client
#file-system    CD9660          # ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge file system
file-system     MSDOSFS         # MS-DOS file system
file-system     FDESC           # /dev/fd
file-system     KERNFS          # /kern
#file-system    NULLFS          # loopback file system
#file-system    OVERLAY         # overlay file system
#file-system    PORTAL          # portal filesystem (still experimental)
file-system     PROCFS          # /proc
#file-system    UMAPFS          # NULLFS + uid and gid remapping
file-system     UNION           # union file system
#file-system    CODA            # Coda File System; also needs vcoda (below)

# Networking options
#options        GATEWAY         # IP packet forwarding
options         INET            # IP + ICMP + TCP + UDP
options         INET6           # IPV6
#options        IPSEC           # IP security
#options        IPSEC_ESP       # IP security (encryption part; define w/
IPSEC)
#options        IPSEC_DEBUG     # debug for IP security
#options        MROUTING        # Multicast routing support
#options        ISO             # OSI networking
#options        TPIP            # TPIP
#options        EON             # OSI tunneling over IP
#options        CCITT,LLC,HDLC  # X.25

options         NFSSERVER       # Sun NFS-compatible filesystem (server)
options         SOFTDEP         # FFS soft updates support.
#options        QUOTA           # UFS quotas

options         NFS_BOOT_DHCP

config          netbsd          root on ? type ?

# Networking options
options         PPP_BSDCOMP     # BSD-Compress compression support for PPP
options         PPP_DEFLATE     # Deflate compression support for PPP
options         PPP_FILTER      # Active filter support for PPP (requires bpf)

txsim*  at mainbus0
#
# TX39 System Internal Modules
#
tx39biu*        at txsim?
tx39icu*        at txsim?
tx39clock*      at txsim?
tx39power*      at txsim?
tx39io*         at txsim?
tx39sib*        at txsim?
tx39uart*       at txsim?
txcom0          at tx39uart? slot 0
txcom1          at tx39uart? slot 1

# IO module manager (Don't delete)
txioman*        at tx39io?      # misc unknown.

txcsbus1        at tx39biu? platform SHARP_TELIOS
txcsbus2        at tx39biu? platform VICTOR_INTERLINK

options USE_POLL        # m38813,tc5165 requires this

# PHILIPS UCB1200 / TOSHIBA TC35413F modem/audio analog front-end
ucb*            at tx39sib? slot 0
ucbtp*          at ucb?
ucbsnd*         at ucb?

# PHILIPS 74ALVC*1624? / TOSHIBA TC5165BFTS buffer chip (keyboard)
# chip select: CS1, IRQ: 3:12/4:12
tc5165buf*      at txcsbus1 iocs 1 iocsbase 0 iocssize 0x100 iocswidth 16
skbd*           at tc5165buf?
wsmouse*        at ucbtp? mux 0

# VICTOR InterLink keyboard driver
# chip select: CARD1 IRQ ???
m38813c*        at txcsbus2 iocs 8 iocswidth 16 iocsbase 0 iocssize 8
skbd*           at m38813c?

# TC6358TB(Plum2)
#  register space: CS3,
#  I/O space: MCS0 & MCS1,  IRQ: 8:21 (IO[5] positive)
#
plum*           at txcsbus? regcs 3 regcswidth 32 iocs 4 iocswidth 32 memcs
5 memcswidth 32 irq1 277
plumicu*        at plum?
plumpower*      at plum?
plumvideo*      at plum?
plumpcmcia*     at plum?
#plumiobus*     at plum?
#plumisab0      at plumiobus? platform ? slot 0
options         PLUM_BIG_OHCI_BUFFER    # reserve V-RAM area for OHCI module
ohci*   at plum?

# USB bus support
usb*    at ohci?

# USB Hubs
uhub*   at usb?
uhub*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Mice
ums*    at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
wsmouse*        at ums? mux 0

# USB Keyboards
ukbd*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
wskbd*  at ukbd? console ? mux 1

# USB joystick, game pad
#ujoy*  at uhub? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Generic HID devices
uhid*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Printer
ulpt*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Modem
umodem* at uhub? port ? configuration ?
ucom*   at umodem?

# USB Mass Storage
umass*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
atapibus* at umass? channel ?
scsibus* at umass? channel ?

# USB audio
uaudio* at uhub? port ? configuration ?
audio*  at uaudio?

# USB Ethernet adapters
aue*    at uhub? port ?         # ADMtek AN986 Pegasus based adapters
cue*    at uhub? port ?         # CATC USB-EL1201A based adapters
kue*    at uhub? port ?         # Kawasaki LSI KL5KUSB101B based adapters

# Prolofic PL2301/PL2302 host-to-host adapter
upl*    at uhub? port ?

# USB Handspring Visor
uvisor* at uhub? port ?
ucom*   at uvisor?

# USB Generic driver
ugen*   at uhub? port ?

# MII/PHY support
exphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # 3Com internal PHYs
icsphy* at mii? phy ?                   # Integrated Circuit Systems ICS1890
inphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Intel 82555 PHYs
iophy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Intel 82553 PHYs
lxtphy* at mii? phy ?                   # Level One LXT-970 PHYs
nsphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # NS83840 PHYs
nsphyter* at mii? phy ?                 # NS83843 PHYs
qsphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Quality Semiconductor QS6612 PHYs
sqphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Seeq 80220/80221/80223 PHYs
tlphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # ThunderLAN PHYs
tqphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # TDK Semiconductor PHYs
ukphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # generic unknown PHYs

# WS console uses SUN or VT100 terminal emulation
hpcfb*          at plumvideo?
wsdisplay*      at hpcfb?
wskbd*          at skbd? mux 1
btnmgr0         at mainbus0
wskbd*          at btnmgr0 mux 1

options         WSEMUL_VT100
options         WSDISPLAY_DEFAULTSCREENS=4
options         FONT_VT220L8x10
options         WS_KERNEL_FG=WSCOL_BROWN
options         WS_KERNEL_BG=WSCOL_BLUE
# compatibility to other console drivers
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT           # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS        # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL            # VT handling
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD         # can get raw scancodes

# PCMCIA bus support
pcmcia* at plumpcmcia? controller ? socket ?

# PCMCIA IDE disk
wdc*    at pcmcia? function ?
wd*     at wdc? channel ? drive ? flags 0x0000

# ATAPI bus support
atapibus* at wdc? channel ?

# ATAPI devices
# flags have the same meaning as for IDE drives.
cd*     at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000       # ATAPI CD-ROM drives
sd*     at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000       # ATAPI disk drives
#uk*    at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000       # ATAPI unknown

# PCMCIA network interfaces
awi*    at pcmcia? function ?           # BayStack 650/660 (802.11FH/DS)
cnw*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Xircom/Netwave AirSurfer
ep*     at pcmcia? function ?           # 3Com 3c589 and 3c562 Ethernet
mbe*    at pcmcia? function ?           # MB8696x based Ethernet
ne*     at pcmcia? function ?           # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
ray*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Raytheon Raylink (802.11)
sm*     at pcmcia? function ?           # Megahertz Ethernet
wi*     at pcmcia? function ?           # Lucent WaveLan IEEE (802.11)
#xe*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Xircom PCMCIA cards
an*     at pcmcia? function ?           # Aironet PC4500/PC4800 (802.11

mhzc*   at pcmcia? function ?           # Megahertz Ethernet/Modem combo cards
com*    at mhzc?
sm*     at mhzc?

# PCMCIA serial interfaces
com*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Modems and serial cards

pcmcom* at pcmcia? function ?           # PCMCIA multi-port serial cards
com*    at pcmcom? slave ?              # ...and the slave devices

# PCMCIA SCSI interfaces
aic*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Adaptec APA-1460 SCSI
esp*    at pcmcia? function ?           # Qlogic ESP406/FAS408 SCSI

scsibus* at aic?
scsibus* at esp?

# SCSI devices
sd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI disk drives
#st*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI tape drives
#cd*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI CD-ROM drives
#ch*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI autochangers
#ss*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI scanners
#uk*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI unknown

# disk/mass storage pseudo-devices
#pseudo-device  ccd             4       # concatenated disks
#pseudo-device  raid            4       # RAIDframe disk driver
#options        RAID_AUTOCONFIG         # auto-configuration of RAID components
pseudo-device   md              1       # memory disk
pseudo-device   vnd             4       # disk-like interface to files

# network pseudo-devices
pseudo-device   bpfilter        8       # Berkeley packet filter
pseudo-device   ipfilter                # IP filter (firewall) and NAT
pseudo-device   loop            1       # network loopback
pseudo-device   ppp             2       # Point-to-Point Protocol

# mouse & keyboard multiplexor pseudo-devices
pseudo-device   wsmux           2

# miscellaneous pseudo-devices
pseudo-device   rnd                     # /dev/random and in-kernel generator
pseudo-device   pty             64      # pseudo ptys

# a pseudo device needed for Coda       # also needs CODA (above)
#pseudo-device  vcoda           4       # coda minicache <-> venus comm.

# for IPv6
pseudo-device   gif             4       # IPv[46] over IPv[46] tunnel (RFC1933)
#pseudo-device  faith           1       # IPv[46] tcp relay translation i/f