Subject: Re: Followup: TrippLite UPS serial driver for NetBSD
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/31/2001 22:10:05
> Instead I wrote a much smaller, simpler, single-app utility
> which seems to do all the basic things I need

Well, there are lots of config options and documentation for the nut-ups
tools, but setting them up from pkgsrc tages hardly 5 minutes, and they
realy have nifty networking features (my UPSs have multiple computers
connected to it, only one has the serial cable).

Actually all I ended up doing (take this with a grain of salt, this may not
be realy up to date with what is in pkgsrc now) was adding these lines to
/etc/rc.conf:

upsd=YES	upsd_flags=""
		upsd_dev="/dev/tty01"
		upsd_driver="apcsmart"
upsmon=YES	upsmon_host="localhost"

and filling in some real passwords and network names in
/usr/pkg/etc/nut/upsd.conf (after copying that from upsd.conf.sample).

Martin