Subject: TrippLite UPS serial driver for NetBSD
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/25/2001 18:20:53
Hello NetBSD Folk,

I have a TrippLite OmniSmart 700 UPS with (pseudo) serial port for
notification of powerfail/etc.  It came with a CD containing various OS
drivers, including several esoteric UNIX drivers.  I would like to connect
this UPS to a NetBSD/Alpha system and am wondering if anyone has
accomplished this - using either TrippLite drivers or OpenSource ones.  If
I could obtain documentation on the interface, I would be more than happy
to write a driver if one does not exist.

Thanks,
-bp
--
# bryanxms at ecst dot csuchico dot edu       Support the American Red Cross
# Software Engineer                               http://www.redcross.org