Subject: sendmail question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stuart Brooks <stuartb@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/22/2001 17:16:55
I have a problem which I am hoping one of you might have a solution to. I
need to use sendmail to post to my personal e-mail address but I need to be
able to do it without doing a DNS lookup if possible.

If I set up my /etc/resolv.conf file with my local dns, the mail is sent
fine (understandably), but removing resolv.conf results in the following
message being displayed when I run mailq:

(Deferred: Name server: cat.co.za. : host name lookup failure)

I have played around a bit with different entries in my /etc/hosts file
without too much luck, has anyone got any ideas? Any help would be much
appreciated?

Thanks
 Stuart

Please copy me on any replies as I am not subscribed to this list.