Subject: Re: NetBSD Desktop
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Breton <jamesb-netbsd@alongtheway.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/13/2001 07:24:49
On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 07:00:59AM +0200, Thorbj?rn Jemander wrote:
> I was just wondering which desktop system that
> works better with NetBSD, KDE or GNOME (or even
> some hacked version of enlightenment)?

Whatever you like best. :)

> It's been a while since I used NetBSD and
> now I'm about to set up a new system and thought
> that KDE 2 would be a nice interface. But I
> found out that there's very little information
> about how to set it up (no info or man pages,
> no hints given pkg_info)...

I don't know about the docs, I have only used it minimally on NetBSD,
but on my Linux box the docs are in HTML form in some directory
someplace.

KDE is extremely nice IMHO, runs great on my NetBSD machine (P3-500,
256M).

You do not need to run the KDE window manager to use the KDE libs and
apps, though (as another person has remarked).  But, most people
probably do I would imagine.