Subject: Re: NetBSD Desktop
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thorbj=F6rn_Jemander?= <thoan@ifm.liu.se>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/13/2001 09:41:26
On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 07:00:59AM +0200, Thorbjörn Jemander wrote:
> I was just wondering which desktop system that
> works better with NetBSD, KDE or GNOME (or even
> some hacked version of enlightenment)?

I'm running KDE 2.0.  It works OK for the most part, but there are
some bugs and viewfax doesn't work at all (it doesn't open its window
under kwm, it seems).  Maybe KDE 2.1 works better.

I'm going to try gnome as well, but it didn't compile the last time I
tried (a long time ago).

Anyway, both are huge packages and consume lots of memory and disk
space.

  -jm