Subject: Re: scp-based drop box
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/10/2001 21:45:46
This seems to work:
/usr/bin/dnsshell:

#!/bin/sh
umask 755
echo $2 > /tmp/tmpfile

Basically, I do dns hosting for a few people, and when their IP changes, I
want to give them a way to let me know of the change so I can update their
records, but without giving them an full account.
ssh account@my_machine.com new_ip_address
with the above as a shell does the job, and there's no way (that I've
discovered) to acutally log in.

The seventh rule of Fight Club is: Fights go on as long as they have to.

// Erik Huizing   huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
// www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~huizing