Subject: Re: Ogg Vorbis Question
To: Jeff Flowers <jeff@jeffreyf.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/04/2001 11:44:37
On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 09:19:04PM -0400, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> I noticed that Ogg Vorbis Release Candidate 2 (1.0rc2) is now available but
> the precompiled packages are from older versions.
>
> Does anyone run RC2 on their NetBSD system? If so, does it compile easily?
> I'm not a programmer, so anything more complicated then make & make install
> would probably stop me.

Yes, I run the 1.0rc2 versions of the vorbis tools, and they work fine
for me. (I'm also the current maintainer of the vorbis packages in NetBSD).

If you have an up-to-date version of pkgsrc, and do something like:
	cd /usr/pkgsrc/audio/vorbis-tools
	make install
then the pkgsrc build should do the right thing.

Luke.